Sunday, November 4, 2012

What I am Thankful for....November 2nd

What I am thankful for...... B. I am thankful for my brother Christopher. He can be sometimes a butt and drive me crazy but I love him to pieces. I still remember when I was really little and I had decided that I was going to marry my brother. :) It didn't last very long but I still chuckle when I think about it.

My brother and I actually have matching scars on our lips. I got mine when I was really little and my brother got his when he was 17.

One of my favorite stories of my brother deals with his scar. He was pitching on his High School Baseball team and the batter hit a line drive right back at my brother. It got him right in the face and split his lip. It was really bad and he had to go to the ER and get stitches. Well the next night, I was playing softball and I went to slide into home plate and radically dislocated my knee cap. Well my coach came out to help me up but he was just trying to give me a hand. Needless to say that was not helpful since I could barely stand. All of sudden there was my brother picking me up off the field and carry me off.  He says to me as I have tears streaming down my face, "You just had to out do me." It made me laugh even though I was in pain. My brother was supposed to stay away from anywhere dusty but it didn't stop him from coming to my aid. We decided to make up a story and say that I punched him in the face so he kicked me in the knee and that was the real reason we got injured. :)

Christopher Allen Burk, I love you very much and am very thankful that I have you in my life, even if you drive me a little crazy sometime. :)

Here is a couple pictures of him and his little girl Jovie.


No comments:

Post a Comment