Sunday, November 11, 2012

What I Am Thankful For... November 6th

What I am thankful for....F. Family.

I love my family very much. My grandparents, my aunts and uncles, cousins, and all. I love them. Many of them have played important roles in my life and have helped me become the person I am today.

My grandparents for instance are all wonderful people.

My Grandma Lucas always let me come and visit her in Las Vegas and would save her tip money for me to spend when I was with her. She now lives close by my parents and it is fun to see her and go out with her when I am home. I know she loves me very much and I love her.

My Grandpa Lytle is also wonderful. Whenever I see him or talk to him, I always feel his love radiating through him for me. He always calls me Gal and I love it. He also instilled in me a love for horses. I know that he isn't really a cowboy anymore but he will always be a cowboy in my eyes.

My mom's parents are not married anymore but I am very thankful for them raising my mom and not giving her a normal childhood because she is an amazing lady. She is kind and caring and reaches out to so many people and helps them in their life and I don't think she even realizes it. But more about her later. She will get a post on November 13th that is just all about her and no one else.

Lastly my Grandpa and Grandma Burk. They lived by me my whole entire childhood and into adulthood. I saw them every week of my life up till I left for college. I never truly understood how much they meant to me until they were gone. My Grandma loved to cook and she was an amazing cook. And she would spoil me with food. I remember many a breakfast that all I ate was bacon and toast, I loved it! And she would make home made chocolate pudding just for me and put it in containers for me to eat. My grandparents survived the Great Depression and from that they had fascinating stories to tell. Towards the end of my grandpa's life I would ask him questions about his life and he would start way past the beginning of the story to really help me understand the story. My favorite story is of how my grandparents first met. My grandpa told that story so well. Both of my grandparents died while I was in Rexburg at school and it broke my heart not to be able to personally say good bye to them. I think of them constantly and how much they mean to me. I wish I would have asked more questions about their lives earlier on in my life and not so late like I did. I am thankful for them to raise my dad who had such an open mind he found the church and my mom. Thank you Grandma and Grandpa! I love you and miss you every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment