Saturday, April 26, 2014

Just call me Slacker Melissa.

Wow, I can't believe how long it has been since I wrote on here. I wish I would have wrote on it more but oh well. I am here now and that's what counts. Well, not a lot has been going on lately in my life. I decided to declutter and dejunk my apartment, which I did and gave tons of stuff to Good Will and just plain threw it out. I have some more boxes to go through but I am going to wait till this Summer to go through them. It has been very nice to just go through stuff and get rid of it, rather than having it just clutter my house and my life. It totally was getting to me having all that crap and just not doing anything about it. One of my good friends/neighbor, was talking to someone in her ward and it was a member of one of my old bishoprics. He was one of my favorite counselors and every time he sees me he just always tells me hi and just makes me feel like I matter. Well I guess they were talking and she mentioned me and he replies to her "She just has it all together, doesn't she." And when she told me, I just thought "Wow, I so do NOT have it all together." And it made me a little sad. Here I was a 28 year old who was living in a junk filled apartment by herself and not really doing anything to improve that situation or myself. I decided then and there that things were going to change. I started dekinking and decluttering my apartment and decided I wanted to go through the Temple. And guess what, I feel so much better and more in control of my life. I still have tons of room to improve but I am so happy for my progress. I feel happier and even though this school year has been stressful and has been filled with many trials, I was able to handle them and get through them. I don't know if I could have mentally done that if I hadn't decided to change. But on to the best step I took to change, Going through the Temple.

I always loved going to the Temple when I was younger. I dreamed of the day I would get married for time and all eternity to my one true love, which back then changed almost every month if not every week. :) Granted back then I thought I would have been married by now, but as luck would have it, I am very much still single and no where near getting married any time soon.  The Temple I grew up with was the Oakland Temple. It was quite a drive but I loved going and seeing it. Well by the time I was leaving for college, Sacramento Temple started to be built and Oakland no longer was my Temple. But Sacramento wasn't really either because I never permanently lived in California after that point. Now that I am in Utah, I am in Temple Heaven. There are Temples all over this state. I really didn't have specific Temple I wanted to go through for my first time but the more I thought about it, I decided I wanted to go to Oakland. I talked to my parents about it and decided to do it in California and go to Oakland. It was the Temple my parents went through and got married and it is the Temple my brother went through too and I just felt like it would be special for all of us to have that tie. I met with my Bishop and got everything scheduled and flew home February 14th and then went through the Temple February 15th. It was such a great and special experience. Many people came out to support me and I felt very loved. It has been one the best decisions I have ever made in my entire life. I love the peace it gives me and I love going and partaking in the special blessings that it entails. It was awesome being able to go to one of my good friends marriage in the Salt Lake Temple. I am very thankful for the gospel and the blessings of the Temple. Hopefully one day I will be able to go in and be sealed for time and all eternity to my one true love, but until then I will keep going and doing the work.

Well, I promise to be better at writing on this and including fun pictures to go along with it. All the pictures I wanted to include are on my phone and I can't figure out how to get them on here. Oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment